Croissant (Plain Croissant/Croissant made with ready made puff pastry sheet) is a simple breakfast breads at my home. I love the perfect mix of chewy and fluffy taste it has. I don't mind eating it every day at the breakfast forever. Using the ready made puff pastry sheet reduces tons of work to be done before following the below recipe.
Puff Pastry sheet - 1
1. Cut the pastry sheet into squares.
2. Cut across each square across to form pointed triangles.
3. Make little crescents by rolling the shortest side tautly up to the tip of the triangle.
4. Place all on a parchment covered tray, bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on size, until they are golden brown.
1. Nutella Croissants - Spread each triangle with nutella spread before rolling them up into croissant shapes. Similarly you can use chocolate, fruits etc as spread.
2. Can brush with egg or butter before baking for more taste and glazy looks.
3. Can be had with any spread of your choice like jam, marmalade, syrup etc too.